The Demron™ ALARA Shield blanket is a contemporary shielding solution for gamma and X Ray radiation.
Utilizing a patented material that promotes high thermal conductivity material resulting in reduced heat buildup and a high degree of flexibility (making the material relatively easy to handle, fold, etc.), the ALARA Shield Blanket in certain applications, represents a favorable solution to traditional lead shielding.
The Demron™ ALARA Blanket product can be manufactured in standard 6’ x 2.5’ size, or whatever customized dimensions required. Small customized tool or glove box designs can be developed, along with large area shielding walls/curtain sizes.
The blanket will protect the first responder from an irradiating patient either from a medical procedure or radiological disaster. The blanket can also be folded several times to provide multiple layers of protection against RDD, RED, or RAD.
- Pipe/component shielding
- Tool/Component shielding
- Rad Monitoring or Instrumentation shielding
- Shadow or Large Area shielding
- Rad Waste Container shielding
- Glovebox/sampling skid shielding
- Approximately 45% attenuation factor for standard nuclear plant gamma energy levels for 12 layer thick material blanket
- Standard blanket dimensions: 6’ (l) x 2.5’ (w) x 0.25″ (t)
- Approximately 5 pounds/square foot for standard blanket design
- Specific Molecular engineering of material provides attenuation to gamma and X ray radiation
- Material can be folded for added layers of protection
Nuclear Plant Testing Results:
% Reduction using 6 layers Demron ™ material
Please get in touch with us with any questions at 770-332-0092 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Likewise, you may fill out the form below to get in touch with us.