The LS- range of laser beam shutters are combined shutters and beam dumps designed to be driven by a safety control system such as the Lasermet ICS-6 laser interlock control system, for use as a means of shutting down the laser beam automatically during unauthorized access, or manually when the beam is not required. They can also be used as stand-alone shutters for manual or remote switching of the beam, or are available as OEM components for laser or laser product manufacturers.
Laser Beam Shutter features:
- Gravity fed for fail safe operation
- Combined shutter and beam dump for added safety
- High quality engineering design
- Specially designed for compatibility with safety control systems
- LED shutter status indication (output available for remote indication)
- Interlocked safety shutdown or manual operation
- Safety latch prevents accidental beam switch on
- Remote switching option
- Low current requirement
- Also available as OEM product
LS 10-12 and 100-12 Shutter Specifications:
|Model||Max laser power (W)||Aperture Size (mm)||Drive voltage|
|Drive voltage with|
|Current consumption (mA)||Size (mm)|
|LS-10-12||20||15||11 – 14||15 – 35||150||98 x 63.5 x 36*|
|LS-100-12||200||50||11 – 14||15 – 35||150||130 x 150 x 140 *|
All shutters work from 12 VDC (11 – 14 VDC). However, if your supply is 18, 24 VDC or similar, request the LS voltage converter (part no.LS-VC-24.12) which enables operation from 15 – 35 VDC.
The shutters will not open unless power is supplied. When power is supplied a yellow LED lights to indicate that power is present. A green LED will also light indicating that the shutter is fully closed. To open the shutter, the green button must be pressed. The green LED will go out and an orange LED will light indicating that the shutter is fully open. The shutter can be closed by pressing the red button or by cutting the power.